Kickstart Role - Community Assistant
As part of the Government backed Kickstart Programme for *UK based 16-24 year olds on (or soon to be on) universal credit* we have 1 exciting role available for a 6 months placement. If you are eligible, we'd love to hear from you! If you know anyone you'd be a great fit for this role, please do pass it onto them too!
Leafage is a London based terrarium company with a mission to reconnect people to nature through our hands-on workshops, DIY kits and other curated products, all dedicated to bringing the outside in.
We are currently looking for a Community Assistant to help develop and grow our business in 2021. You will be working closely with the founder, Kay, responsible for assisting with our wonderful community; from staying in touch with customers, reporting on KPI’s and suggesting improvements and creating inspiring content. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in marketing, within the creative and wellness events space.
The Community Assistant role is remote so therefore it is essential you have good time management skills. Although we are an early stage start up with a small team, we work incredibly hard to achieve our business goals, so we are looking for candidates with shared values.
- Manage our lovely community; answering emails, queries, social media messages and comments.
- Assist in developing new business opportunities and identify appropriate potential prospects and decision-makers within the target market.
- Assist to build and cultivate lead relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Report activity within CRM and manage the pipeline.
- Assist in social media and marketing campaigns research, creation and development.
- Assist in packing and fulfilling customers orders in our South-West London studio
- You will receive training and support to get started, with regular team catch-ups to ensure you develop the skills needed to grow within your role.
- A strong interest in nature, wellness and the creative industries
- Enthusiastic, optimistic and a great team player
- Proactive self-starter
- Educated to degree standard preferable
- Aged between 16 and 24 years old and currently or soon to be claiming Universal Credit
- Previous customer service experience preferred but not essential
- Previous content creation experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build internal and external working relationships
- A keen eye for social and online trends within the wellness and creative spaces
CV & Cover letter:
Please include your CV and the following in the ‘cover letter’ section on your application. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Community Assistant Role 2021”
- Why you want to work for Leafage. (up to 100 words)
- Why your experience/interests make you suited to this role. (up to 100 words)
- This is optional, but we would love for you to send us a short video (max 1.5 mins) introducing yourself, and why you’re suited to this position. You can attach the video file to an email or send us a YouTube link.