Operations & Sales Associate
London: 24 hours per week (Mon - Thurs, 10am - 4pm)
Starting Salary: £10 per hour + Quarterly Bonus
Leafage is a London based terrarium company with a mission to reconnect people to nature through our hands-on workshops, DIY kits and other curated products, all dedicated to bringing the outside in.
We are currently looking for an Operations & Sales Associate to help operate, develop and grow our business in 2021. You will be working closely with the founder, Kay, responsible for running a smooth operation, prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales leads. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in operations, sales, marketing and production within the creative and wellness events space.
The Operations & Sales Associate role is mostly remote, you may be required to have in-person training at the warehouse, attend team meetings quarterly and meet external clients in London. Therefore, it would be beneficial if you are located in or around London with good time management skills.
We are an early-stage startup with a small team, so you will have to wear many hats. Hunger and enthusiasm are as important as experience! We work incredibly hard to achieve our business goals, so we are looking for candidates with shared values.
This role includes a quarterly bonus.
Your working hours are Monday to Thursday, 10 am - 4 pm. Our general office hours are 9 am - 5 pm.
Contract: 3 months (24 hours per week), with a strong opportunity to transition into a full-time role for the right person.
- Manage our lovely community; answering emails, queries, social media messages and comments.
- Develop new business opportunities and identify appropriate potential prospects and decision-makers within the target market.
- Build and cultivate lead relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Report activity within CRM and manage the pipeline.
- Process sales orders and manage subsequent changes and adjustments.
- Place orders with vendors, ensuring timely delivery to a third party warehouse.
- Assist with any ad hoc administrative support.
- You will receive training and support to get started, with regular team catch-ups to ensure you develop the skills needed to grow within your role.
- A strong interest in nature, wellness and the creative industries
- Bounds of energy and a positive outlook on life
- The ability to be professional and switched on whilst still having fun!
- Great pride in what you do and immaculate attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills (no task is too small)
- Proactive self-starter
- The desire to grow within our business… we’re here for the long run!
- Educated to degree standard preferable
- Previous operations & sales experience is a plus (especially CRM systems such as Pipedrive etc.)
- Previous customer service experience is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adapting when priorities change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build internal and external working relationships
CV & Cover letter:
If you think we’d be a good match, please drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Operations & Sales Associate Role 2021”. We’d love to see a copy of your CV, Instagram & Linkedin handles.
Please include answers to the following three questions in your application (max. 150 words each):
- Tell us something interesting about yourself?
- What motivates you to perform your best at work?
- What skills do you possess that would make you successful in this role?
Closing date for applications: Friday 1st October 2021 at 17:00