Instagram: Wellness event guest speaker
In October 2010 a picture of a filtered dog made its way onto Instagram - the first tiny square to be shared on the platform. Fast forward twelve years and the seventh most visited site in the world boasts over 13 million users with daily usage. It’s no surprise tech giants across the globe are rolling out new features to promote digital wellness and Instagram’s latest detail, Take a Break is at the front of the queue.
Take a Break will notify users scrolling on the app to switch off and focus on other things… can we get a “hell yeah!”. To help meaningfully improve the experience for young people, the Take a Break campaign will be targeted towards parents + guardians as the app continues to create a safe and supportive environment online.
It’s no surprise we are seeing a shift in generations; with smart devices metaphorically glued to our arms, parents are aware their children are growing up in a different time. Around a third of adults wish their kids could spend more time outside in nature to support their physical and mental health. With Instagram's latest tool on the horizon, the social media platform is encouraging parents and their children to Take a Break from their screens. To support the launch of their latest feature Instagram has pulled together a roster of influencers in the digital space (Louise Pentland, Nigel Clarke and Estare Grams to name a few) and they needed our help to reconnect the next generation with their offline personas!
- Guest speaker on the Take a Break panel, our founder Kaew shared her heartwarming business story and personal snippets of her dad's life, which inspired her to take some time away from the digital world
- Our experienced hosts ran an intimate terrarium building workshop, focusing on the benefits of downtime
- Event guests left with a terrarium-making kit for a hands-on activity to complete at home, encouraging parent and child bonding time away from screens
- Provided a wildly gorgeous terrarium installation around the event to help bring nature inside
- Full attendance at our creative workshop and panel talk
- Over 100 guests were inspired to take a break and put their wellbeing first
- Parent and child bonds bloomed with our hands-on activity
- Media coverage from key influencers secured
“Instagram loved working with Kaew and her team at Leafage. They delivered a great session and were a total hit with all of our guests!"
Leafage is driven by a single purpose – to inspire inner growth by nurturing through nature. In a world thriving on the connections we make, our founder Kaew has spoken on some the scene's most exciting panels. Are you ready to hear our story? Find out more or request a quote to make a wildly gorgeous terrarium.