Event Team Member
Location: London, UK
Hours: Flexible (4-hour shift)
Starting Salary: £13 per hour
Starting Date: April 2023
Leafage is a London based terrarium startup with a mission to bring people together to RECONNECT, RECHARGE and REDISCOVER through our nature-inspired terrarium workshops. We are excited to announce that we are looking for a new Event Team Leader to join our team.
As an Event Team Member, you will be responsible for ensuring that our guests have the best experience at our terrarium workshops. You will work across multiple locations in London/Greater London from Tuesday to Friday, assisting in the set-up and breakdown of the event space and supporting guests with terrarium making.
We work with a wide range of clients, from startups to large enterprises such as Google, LinkedIn, Meta, Nike, ASOS, and more. Our ideal candidate is someone who is enthusiastic, highly reliable, confident talking in front of people and has a passion for helping people reconnect to nature.. if that sounds like you read on…!
- Demonstrate how to make a terrarium, provide excellent customer service and ensure that our wonderful attendees are comfortable and engaged during the event.
- Attend to any issues that arise during the event and provide solutions as needed.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure the success of the event.
- Have fun and enjoy yourself while maintaining a professional and switched-on attitude!
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of people
- Ability to lift and move materials
- Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings
It would be great if you have:
- Experience in event planning or customer service.
- Knowledge of terrariums and plant care.
- Related horticulture/ gardening qualifications.
- Better-than-average photography skills (we’d need you to take lots of fab pictures at the event for our social channels and website!)
The successful candidate must be available to work a 4-hour shift during the day, either from 11:00 to 15:00 or from 16:00 to 20:00, from Tuesday to Friday. You will be notified at least 1-2 weeks in advance to confirm your schedule, which will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
This role is perfect for individuals who are looking to branch into a new career in horticulture/urban gardening combined with employee wellbeing or simply seeking part-time hours around other commitments.
We hold events in various client locations across London. In order to ensure a seamless setup, we request that you arrange your own transportation to arrive promptly at the event venue.
As part of your onboarding process, we'll be providing you with in-house training. You'll get a full induction and the opportunity to shadow others, so you can hit the ground running with confidence.
How to Apply:
Complete this form: https://forms.gle/uKCqMApWP9AaWWyv8
Deadline to apply: Friday 31st March 2023 at 17:00